Food Regulatory/ Quality Control Specialist
West Essex Graphics manages the graphics and labeling process for some of America’s best known brands. In anticipation of the upcoming changes to labeling legislation and, to meet the increased demand for services from our clients, WEG has an opening for a Regulatory and QC specialist.
- Have experience managing the regulatory process for a company in the Food sector.
- Understand and can execute labeling programs that comply with current and proposed USDA and FDA government regulations
- Provide guidance to our customers on the appropriate course of action to achieve compliance
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Present technical information clearly so that it is understandable by non-technical clients and co-workers
- Bachelor Degree in a Science Related Field (Food Nutrition, Food Science, Biology, Chemistry) or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years related to Food Regulatory Compliance experience.
- High level of knowledge around U.S. Food Labeling Laws (food additives, nutrition, standards of identity)
- Solid understanding of food regulation databases
- Excellent analytical, research and communication skills
- Great problem solver and able to function independently
- Develop and maintain accurate food labeling information for finished products in compliance with FDA and USDA regulations.
- Ensure that all on label claims are substantiated and that certifications and allergens are properly documented.
- Provide regulatory guidance and address issues/questions involving existing, new and reformulated products.
- Effectively communicate regulatory reasoning and make appropriate recommendations.
- Conduct ingredient and recipe regulatory reviews.
Email us your resume